Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 55: More Exchanges?

This last week started with a trip last Monday to Sacré Coeur. Yes, I went to Catholic Church! Okay, not really, I just went to the cathedral haha I don't have any pictures that I can send right now, but I'll send an email soon with all the pictures that I've been taking recently. It was an awesome cathedral though! And the view from it was incredible! You can see all of Paris! I promise I'll send pictures soon haha

That same night we had some missionaries coming in from far because they had something to do in Paris the next day, so we led them through the Paris metro system haha and it went well! I never thought I would understand the Paris metro system, but now it's no big deal! The missionaries we were helping are good friends of mine, one was trained by an Elder who was with me in the MTC (Elder Mataele) and that missionary is now training! That sure made me feel old haha.

On the way to help them, while on the metro, a girl tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was mormon, so I said yes and she was so relieved haha she had moved to Paris a month earlier from Madagascar and had been looking for the church! We were in the right place at the right time!

We met with Cédric this week (the man we met on the bridge last week) and he really wants to turn his life around! We're really excited for him and he is so sincere! He came to church again and he's doing so much better!

On Thursday we ate at a Chinese Buffet (paid for by Soeur Ferrazza haha) and it was super good! And while we were in there, we started talking with 2 different families about the church! They asked us who we were, and then we had great conversations with them! We're going to visit one of the families this week!

On Thursday night and Friday morning I had an exchange with Elder Coffey, one of the assistants to the mission president. It was awesome! We found a few people and taught some lessons! One of the people we met was from the Philippines and was interested to learn more and asked if she could invite friends too!

On Saturday we helped a family move from one apartment to another for most of the day, and then we went to une Soirée Africaine! An African themed party at the church! Alejandro and Rolando came, and also a few other amis! It was awesome! I'll send pictures of that as soon as I can too. It was an incredible activity, and even though the missionaries had to leave before it was over, some amis stayed because they were having so much fun!

It was a week full of awesome experiences! And I learned a lot! One of the biggest things I learned this week is that it is never too late to change our lives! It's never too late to do whatever it takes to commit ourselves to follow Christ! That should always be our goal in life!
Make it an awesome week!


Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment