Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Week Seven: Things Are Getting Real


Bonjour mes amis! Comment allez vous?

I know that once I say this, that I'll probably have a humbling experience, but my French is better than ever! This week it felt like I had a breakthrough and I've been able to speak a lot more and construct sentences in my head a lot better than before. That's what PVL will do to you! (That's French for "Speak Your Language". Thank goodness I didnt have to learn that in Japanese, huh Pops!) My writing isn't really top notch, but speaking is what is most important for missionaries, but I'll continue to work on all aspects of the language, don't worry! Oh, yeah. Scripture study too...haha kidding, of course I'm working on that! Our district set some awesome goals this week, and one of them is to memorize at least one scripture in French chaque jour! (errday) It's been awesome!

Last Tuesday, the Devotional here was given by Elder Bradley D. Foster of the Seventy and his wife. Here are some good quotes and ideas I got from it:
Sister Foster: "For every challenge you have, you'll be blessed. So give a 'yay!' for every blessing!"
Elder Foster: "We have eternity to think and wonder about how we've done and what we've accomplished, so don't waste a minute!"

Then they shared a film that was one of the best church films I've ever watched. I dont know the exact title, but it's called something like "The John Tanner Story". It made me cry my eyes out! Okay, not exactly....but kinda. Shuush. It's about how one man lived the law of consecration, and how he gave everything he could possibly give to help the church and other people. It reminded me a lot of some people in my life that I want to be just like when I'm all grown up. Yes, I just said that. When I'm all grown up haha. Try and find the film! It's incredible! And if you've seen it, share with me what you thought of it!

From the Fireseide here on Sunday I learned "DON'T GIVE AN INCH!" and that it is how to be successful in your mission and in life. Don't make exceptions, no matter how small, and you'll accelerate your improvement. I'm definitely going to be applying that to my studying! And exercise...I won't get into that haha but the speaker (President McIff from the MTC Presidency) also said to remember "The race goes to the steady, not the swift", so it's a learning process. He also said not to tear yourself or others down, but be meticulously building something beautiful. Are you a wrecking ball, or an architect? (To yourself, or others) It's easy to be a wrecking ball, but it takes skill and patience to build something beautiful :) Just food for thought! It all goes back to my analogies that I've made about running in previous posts. It doesn't happen overnight! You have to consistently work hard, and then you'll be the most beautiful person imaginable! :) (I'll work on it too. I have to start somewhere haha)

My district hosted new missionaries coming into the MTC this week! That was a lot of fun! I help host an elder going to Guatemala and a sister going to Wisconsin. It was crazy to relive that day (yet again hahaha) and to see how different people handle it! It also was a realization that I'm among the elders who have been at the MTC the longest, and that I'll be heading to France in just 2 weeks...crazy. Also, they dont bring missionaries into the MTC the day before Thanksgiving, so they had double the usual amount of incoming missionaries last Wednesday. It was hectic!

So. Apparently this last weekend, some friends of mine were in Provo. Not just any friends. Like, my best friends. Say whaaaaat?! Nah, I knew all about it. And guess who else did! Heavenly Father. I had District Leader meetings galore, so I was crazy busy! So, it kept my mind off of all the fun they were having without me a little bit. A little bit. haha I really hope they all had a good time! It's just a little preview of how it'll be when I get back! Having a blast in Utah! Mark my words! haha seriously though, I love you guys and hope you had a blast!

I've got a sore knee from jumping up and swatting shots like crazy in gym, so hopefully that feels better soon! If you're feeling under the weather, I hope you get better soon too! I'm a missionary, so I cant kiss it better, but peut etre plus tard haha

Keep being awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment