Monday, December 17, 2012

Week 11: Keepin It Real


Bonjour! It's me, Elder Anderson! It's been another week, and it was a doozy! haha

So, I'm starting to really see the differences between here and Texas. I have traded in my flip flops, swimsuit, and pool days with friends for a scarf, coat, and umbrella. It's cold here. It rains a lot. It's an adventure! haha Camp Journey says that everyday is an adventure, and its the same way here! Just, different adventures haha but its all good!

Elder Argyle and I are also whitewashing Poitiers, so neither of us has ever been here or know anything about it, so we're doing some serious exploring. haha


We spend a lot of time contacting people in the streets of Poitiers and knocking on doors. You see and meet some interesting people! We are now teaching Jonathan, and things are going really well with him! He is really searching for the truth and our lessons have gone really well! Turns out, he plays on the city's basketball team here! Like semi pro (or, pro here in France haha) it's pretty cool! We also taught a man from Italy, and talked to a man and his wife in their house and they told us about what his father did in WWII. There are interesting people everywhere!

So, my Dad wrote me and told me that he checked out my address on Google Maps. I recommend it! Go look it up! See where I am! The streets I walk everyday! I'll send pictures of my apartment soon haha and of other cool things I've seen.

There's a music store here, and they have a guitar like the one Zac Brown has...the one that's like a Tri Cone something or other. Look it up, it's awesome. It made me think of jamming on the guitar and everyone I know who does :)

I got my first letter at my apartment here in Poitiers! It was sent on December 7th and got to me on the 13th, so not too bad! Hopefully my Mom and Pops shared the address they used with others! If not, oh well haha "Not my address, not my problem!" ;) (I hope someone catches that joke haha:) ) ...wait, I cant say that, because it is my address. Well, hopefully it gets shared now!

Oh, and I wrote my address in the post last week, but i guess my mission president also sent around my address, but he wrote it a little differently than me. Hopefully the address my mission president gave out is the one people use...I would trust him more than me haha hes french! But, if you used the address I gave out, I'm sure it'll work too, don't worry!

I'm sorry this isn't super long! I don't have a lot of time! But keep checking the mail for things fro, me, you never know when something might show up! :) I won't forget.
Keep being awesome and have a great week!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment