Monday, December 31, 2012

Week 13: Happy Holidays!


Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a blast for Christmas and enjoyed all the goodies, treats, and family and friend time! There's nothing better! Whether you celebrated in Texas, Louisiana, Utah, Idaho, Wisconsin, Thailand...or even California ;) (Yes, I know) Wherever you were, I hope it was great and you made the most of it!

As promised, I said I would tell you what food I ate around Christmas time for my first French Christmas, so, here it goes!

It was all good! I ate a ton! Every house we went to fed us at least 8 courses. And of course, when they had a little left over after each course, they gave it to the missionaries. And the new missionary is always given more haha. I didn't really gain weight though haha you can look at the pictures!

Editors Note: Pictures will be uploaded here when Elder Anderson finds fast enough internet to send them.  Thank you for your patience.

Christmas was great, but there are a few things that I missed:
       Family and Friends: laughing, eating, and just hanging out and enjoying each others company. I know I'll get to again one day so I'm not too torn up, don't worry! But just know that I DO miss you.
       Performances: Since moving to Texas, I've enjoyed going to the Epiphany Christmas Choir performances with my family, and I missed it this year. And there was actually someone in it that I wanted to see! She is also in a play called "Joseph" I believe, so everyone give her a round of applause! One busy, talented lady! :)
      Warm weather. Although it isn't TOO cold here, I know it'll get there haha but it's all good.
Oh, I got a BIG OL' Christmas package! It was AWESOME. I got it a couple days after Christmas, but that just meant that I got to have a Christmas morning all to myself!

Editors Note: Pictures will be uploaded here when Elder Anderson finds fast enough internet to send them.  Thank you for your patience.

Some of these gifts were definitely inspired! The mac and cheese was put to good use because we were running out of stuff to eat and it helped us make it to today! Also, I was given a Book of Encouragement. It's awesome, thank you so much! It has one of my favorite quotes in it, which I actually put up on ly wall in Texas over a year ago. It says "Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and you are sure to succeed." - Abraham Lincoln

If someone ever tells you that something is impossible, it can't be done, the chances are low, or YOU can't possibly do it, forget them! You can accomplish ANYTHING if you really want to! Something else I was given highlights Alma 22:16 (click the scripture). A dear friend told me about it, and explained it simply to me, and I'm going to share what they said, so hopefully they won't be embarassed. They said that In Alma 22:16 it explains that if we want something, we need to humble ourselves, repent, ask in faith for help, believe that you can receive it, and you will receive. So if you're doing something difficult, then that's the solution! Listen to Abraham Lincoln, but more importantly, listen to our Heavenly Father and have faith in Jesus Christ and the help He can give you! I've got some smart friends, there's no doubt about that! So thank you for that tidbit of encouragement :)

Going along with that, Nez Year=New Years Resolutions! I love making them, but have a hard time following through. I'm going to use this encouragement for help!

So, as a missionary, I have a challenge for everybody! And a prize! Did I get your attention? haha. The challenge is to read the Book of Mormon. Simple enough! You can choose a topic and look for it and highlight things about it as you read (like faith, love, the Atonement, Jesus Christ, etc.), just read it cover to cover, or whatever you want! Then, when you finish, if you let me know (by telling my family and getting me your address) I will send you something cool from France! Deal? I'll be doing it too, so I'll either be alone in my goal or be accompanied by many! But if you take up the challenge, you wont be alone because I'll be doing it!

So, I gotta get going, but I have a funny tidbit. This week a woman let us into her home and we were talking to her and she offered us a drink of water. Of course we said yes, and then she gave us each a bottle of water. My first thought was one of fear. I cant drink bottled water! It's not good for me! haha that idea got drilled into my head right before coming on my mission, and a certain someone knows who they are who got the idea stuck in my head! ;) It was a nice little reminder of back home, and they're all over the place :)
I gotta partir, but just another tidbit, if you ever don't know what to send me, PICTURES are ALWAYS awesome :)

Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! Make it the best! I'll be trying to do the same and keep up with you!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment