Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 33: Le Don Des Langues

Well, this week sure had its ups and downs! It was full of excitement though! Excitement, nervousness, happiness, thankfulness, tons of things!

This last week I said goodbye to my last companion, Elder Burgess and that was pretty sad. We got to be really good friends! I was also nervous about training, and now I'm amazed at how well it's going!

IMG_1450
 Elder Burgess saying goodbye to a member family!
IMG_1453
Our last train ride together! haha
Last Tuesday we prepared the apartment all day (putting together beds, dressers, desks, etc) because our apartment changed from being for 2 people to being for 4. So, that wasn't a super eventful day, but Wednesday sure was!

Wednesday I headed to Paris to pick up my new companion! In Paris I got to see my trainer because it was actually the last day of his mission. The day I started training! So that was pretty cool. Then I met Elder Haskell and we headed off to Charleroi!

IMG_1454
Me and my new companion, Elder Haskell!
It was an interesting trip, because I was the only missionary going back to Charleroi. All the other missionaries had never been here before! So I was the group leader for 2 sister missionaries and 3 elders. We made it here just fine, don't worry haha.

So, over the past few days we've been going to visit lots of people, eat at their homes, share spiritual messages, and help people move towards baptism! Doing missionary work! It's been great!

IMG_1457
This is Patrick, our Ward Mission Leader, cooking us lunch!
What else happened this week...well, while walking around in the city we found this:
IMG_1459
Don't worry Mom, it's not dangerous haha
And another Statue of Liberty!


IMG_1446
I also spoke in church yesterday, and that went well, and we had a lot of people in our investigator and new convert class! That was awesome!

I titled this post "Le don des langues" because it means "the gift of tongues". Oh boy do I know that's real. When I called home about a week ago, before even knowing that I would be training, my Dad told me that when I train, I will really see the gift of tongues working in me and that I would start learning the language a lot faster. Well, the next day I found out that I was training and my Dad couldnt have been more right! I've seen miracles with the language this week, and I know it's because the Lord wants me to do His work and help the new missionary. I know that I'll keep seeing those miracles too!

I hope you're all doing awesome and you're working hard at whatever you're working on. Always remember that the Lord will help you along the way!

Oh, and shout out to Spencer Riggs who got his mission call to the Scottsdale Arizona mission! I'm so excited for you and proud of you man! You'll love it!

à la prochaine mes amis!


Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment