Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 31: Belgian Travels

This week was pretty exciting, and it started with a trip to Brussels! For zone conference haha so not for vacation, but it was still great! I learned a lot during the conference and it's always good to see the mission president and his wife. The church building in Brussels is in the middle of the city, and so it's one of the tallest chapels I've ever been in! It had about 7 or 8 floors and so many stairs! It was pretty cool!

IMG_1416
Just some nice Charleroi scenery from the train haha
IMG_1417
Stairs in the church
IMG_1418
One of the rooms in the church...not sure why they have a hang out room haha
On Wednesday it was May Day, and a holiday here, so we went out to a super nice park to so some contacting! Our buddy Patrick took us, and it was out in the countryside and by an Abby that had been destroyed in 1794, but a lot of the walls are still standing. It was super cool! There were a ton of people there too! We didnt find anyone to teach, but we got some fresh air haha always look on the bright side!
Friday, our Ward Mission Leader, Patrick, took us out to eat some frites, that are supposedly the best frites in all of Belgium! He had some returned missionaries come back to visit, so we went with them. They were really good frites! And they asked about where in Texas I lived, I told them Katy, and then one of them knew the Allsops, a family that lives there. The world is small! haha

Oh, a scripture that I came across this week that I liked, 3 Nephi 13:34 "Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof." Sounds a little weird right? Well, the french translation says for the last part "Each day has it's own hardships/worries", which makes it a little more clear, at least for me! So we shouldn't worry too much about things that are coming, but do everything we can TODAY to do what we need to :)

This weekend we also visited one of our amis, and he has been having a hard time. He said that we always seem to show up right when he needs someone, so we were glad to be there for him. He wants to be baptized too, so we are working with him to get him ready! That visit made me think about the little things in life. Some people would have never thought that our visits were very special (like me haha I didnt think I was doing anything that great!) but other people recognize the little things. So, I'm going to make an effort this week to look for the little things in life that bring me joy each day! And the day we went to visit our ami, it was that when we walked into his house and the radio was on, he was jamming to some Kool and the Gang and it put a smile on my face! haha "Getcha back up off the wall, dance!" haha

Look for the little things in life that make you happy! There are probably more than you realize!

IMG_1428
 One thing that made me happy this week.
Running low on breakfast food, so I had a waffle nutella sandwich, and a banana for vitamins haha don't worry, this isn't my usual breakfast haha

Have an awesome week!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment