Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 43

This last week was pretty awesome! I'll start from the top so that it all makes sense. haha

Patrick, our ward mission leader, took us out again on his last Monday of vacation haha he's a super nice guy! He took us to some caves! They were awesome! They were kind of like Carlsbad caverns, minus the crying part (only a select few will understand that reference, so if you don't, you can ask around hahaha)

Editors Note:  I'll fill you in because I know what he is talking about.  One summer we went to Carlsbad caverns...and it had been a particularily long couple of days driving out there.  On the day we went to Carlsbad caverns, all the kids wanted to kill each other.  Ermmmm....were TRYING to kill each other.  By the time we got out of the car to go to the caves pretty much everyone was in tears and ANGRY.  There are pictures to prove it.  If I had them with me, I would post...sorry.  End of Note.

Here are some sweet pictures from the caves!

IMG_1997
I'm not gonna write captions for them haha they explain themselves I guess haha they're rocks!

IMG_2002

IMG_2005

IMG_2012

IMG_2018

IMG_2019

IMG_2022

IMG_2013
During the tour, everyone in the tour, except for us, spoke dutch. The tour guide spoke both french and dutch, so it wasn't a problem, but what was cool was that they referred to us as francophones, or french speakers. I don't know if I would count myself as a fluent french speaker, but it was nice of someone else to tell me that haha. I learned a lot during the tour too!

After we got back from the caves, we did our emails, where a surprise was waiting! We received a referral from the church website! And it gave us an address, phone number, and a little message that said (In french) "I wish to be put in contact with the Mormon missionaries because I wish to become Mormon. Thank you." Does it get better than that?! I was pumped! We have been working and working and not understanding why we hadn't been having much success, but someone had seen our work and brought the people to us! We got in contact with the referral and went and taught him! His name is Romuald, he is 28 years old, from Togo, and he is very interested in our church! We're really excited about him, and he said that when he knows that the church is true, he will be baptized! That was definitely an exciting part of the week :)

I also went on exchanges this week with one of my old companions haha that was a little weird! It was only weird because it took me back in the day haha the exchange went well! We met a lady, taught her, and she accepted to have us come back, so the other companionship will be in charge of that haha it was a good exchange!

My companion and I got let in porting the other day too, and the man told us that he had seen something on the TV about our church and wanted to talk to us to see if it was really true. He had also seen us around town all the time and asked himself why we would do such a thing, so he let us teach him. He ended up not being interested, but we were able to clear up a lot of his questions, so it wasn't a failure!

That was my week! I also found a few pictures that I forget to send the last couple weeks, so here you go!

IMG_1967
Check it out! Root Beer!
It was delicious. There is a military base in another city in our district, and the elders there brought it for me. It's all about the people you know! And yes, I shared it with everyone haha.


IMG_1968
 This is Bernard! A less active that we would visit that has been coming to church for the past 2 months now!
IMG_2027
So I like poopies and light tan, what about it? This was at a less active's house haha
I hope you all have an awesome week! Oh, and for a little scripture study, read Helaman 10 and 11 and check out how much patience Nephi has!

Keep it real!


Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment