Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 57: Versailles

Well, here I am in Versailles! It's a little crazy to be here haha I was a little surprised when I got transferred, but I'm super excited to be in Versailles! It was sad to leave Antony because I liked it a lot there, but I'm sure I'll see the people there again sometime!

Oh, here is my new mailing address:

Les Missionnaires
Elder Daniel Anderson
6, rue Romain Gary
78180 Montigny Les Bretonneux
FRANCE

So this last week actually started while I was still in Antony. Elder Lamb and I had gone to teach an ami last week and when we got to his house, there were missionaries from another church there. Our ami (his name is Djédjé Kohio, and he's from the Ivory Coast) didnt mean to plan it that way, but needless to say, it was a little awkward for everyone in the room haha.

Well, they had been there first, so we sat and listened to what they were teachin him, and then our ami asked us to share what we thought. Without bashing, we simply shared our beliefs and invited everyone to pray to know what the truth was. Everyone agreed on that, the lesson ended, and the other missionaries left. Then the ami came over to talk to us for a little bit. We talked and we told him that I would be moving to another city and he was a little sad, but he gave me his address and told me that I had to send him a wedding invitation when I get home haha. He then thanked us for coming and said how much he had appreciated the visit and set up a next rendezvous. Then a couple days later, we're in the apartment and our phone rings and it's Kohio! He said that he wanted to meet with us more often, because he wants to be baptized! He said that he knew that he wanted to be baptized and that he wanted to do it soon because he has no reason to wait. He knows what he needs to do and wants to be taught everything! It was such a miracle! We definitely thanked our Heavenly Father for that blessing!

Then on Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Nelson and we taught a couple awesome lessons. We had a great time! Then we went to pick up a couple missionaries from a train station in Paris who were going to be staying in our apartment that night. And then that night, I spent packing. On Wednesday I spent the day in a train station in Paris with Elder Lamb helping incoming missionaries from other cities know how to get to where they needed, and then once that was over I headed to Versailles with my new companion! Elder Jensen! He was actually my second district leader on the mission, and I went on exchanges with him in La Rochelle! Then he went to Charleroi at the same time as me! Then he got transferred to Antony, where I ended up replacing him, and now he's my companion! We've been around each other our whole missions! So we know each other well and it's going to be great!

Being in Versailles sure is different! There are 4 companionships of missionaries in the ward here, 3 senior couples, and then the mission president! We also will be driving a car soon, so that'll be another new adventure!

Yesterday there was a baptism here! It was so great! A couple months ago a man was baptized here and yesterday his wife was baptized! It was such an awesome experience for their family! And that is the best part of the gospel! That families can be together forever!

I know that I've been promising pictures for a long time, so here are some!

JUST LIST ALL OF THE PICTURES ON HERE FROM THE FIRST EMAIL THAT YOU GET TO THE LAST.
IMG_2414
Patrick and me, and Gwendoline and Véronique in Charleroi
IMG_2054
Our new mission car! I wish haha
IMG_2424
The Van Hulst family!
IMG_2431
Last meal at Patrick's house
IMG_2439
Cool moon picture from the apartment during the day haha
IMG_2454
Me and a lion haha classic, right?
IMG_2467
The kids that got baptized while I was in Charleroi!
IMG_2468
The parents of the kids haha the Tedesco family!
IMG_2471
2 awesome guys from the other Charleroi ward
IMG_2474
This is one of my buddies on the mission, Elder Paruahi. He's from Tahiti and this was just before he headed home.
IMG_2484
It's amazing what you can find while helping people move...
IMG_2487
 an old copy of monopoly in french that we also found haha
IMG_2489
Me and Elder Anderson from my MTC group on our year mark!
IMG_2510
Me at Sacré Coeur!
IMG_2544
This is in one of the Paris church houses, it's the staircase that leads up to the YSA section haha pretty fancy!
IMG_2554
Elder Lamb and I in front of the Eiffel Tower at night!
IMG_2559
Eiffel Tower at night!
IMG_2575
hai food! Thank you Soeur Ferrazza!
IMG_2579
More Thai food! It was soo good!
I hope that makes up for the lack of pictures lately! I hope everyone had an awesome Halloween and an awesome week and that this next one is even better! Keep smiling!


Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment