Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 15: First Transfer Gone

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! He's the best and today's his birthday! He's such an awesome guy and he puts up with me, so I sure am glad he's my Pops! I hope he has a great day today!

In other news, I now know that all the packages that I was able to send out last month have been received! ANd I found out because of a letter that I got in just 5 days! It's a record! And a whole lot faster than the previous one that took 16 days haha so things are working now!

Oh, an important breakthrough! I figured out how to turn the volume up on my camera! Finally! So now I can hear the sound on videos on my camera! (So now I can hear when my bro destroys a clay pigeon haha)
So for the last week of the transfer (yes, I'm staying in Poitiers for the next transfer haha), our entire zone prayed every night for all the companionships in the zone to find 2 new investigators this last week. It was quite the success! I dont know all the numbers or if everyone found 2, but it sure helped us here in Poitiers! I'll tell a little story in a bit.

I also went on an exchange this week to La Rochelle! It's a town on the ocean, so it was really cool! It was just me and an elder who came to France the transfer before me, so that was an adventure! There are some pictures of me in their apartment too which are pretty funny haha I'm almost as tall as their doors and their whole apartment is a little slanted, but I thought it was really cool!

IMG_1170

IMG_1172


 We taught a lesson while I was there and did some contacting, so it was pretty exciting. Then the next morning we woke up and caught the next train back to Poitiers. There's a picture of the train station too!

IMG_1174

So, Friday we had a scheduled lesson with a man we had met the week before who was asking us about Kolob...we didnt exactly know what to expect for the lesson, but we were going to try and stick to the Restoration, that's for sure! We got there about 30 minutes early, and so we were street contacting around the area. A young guy came walking down the street with a blue mohawk, and so we stopped him of course!

He turned out to be SUPER cool, is a technician for bands and concerts in the area, and was really interested in the message that we have! He wanted to know all about the Book of Mormon and was really excited about meeting again, so we'll be seeing him next week after he gets back from going on tour with a band. So even though the lesson with the Kolob guy didnt go so great, it was okay because it was like we were meant to be there just to talk to the concert technician! It was awesome!

From what I've been hearing, the "Joseph" play was SWEET. (just not in those words haha the words used were "very professional" and "extremely well done!" There were also specific shout outs about certain people in the play, so way to go!) I wish I could have been there! I know you were awesome!

I want to share a really cool scripture I came across this week, one that really gives me some comfort, so hopefully it will for you too. It is Isaiah 41:10,13. It says:
"10) Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
13) For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."

How amazing is that?! We always have someone to help us, no matter what is going on, no matter where we are, whether we have people to talk to about things or not, and whether we think we deserve the help or not, He is always there! And WANTS to help us! SO seek Him through pray, and follow Him. Don't forget that, no matter what :)
So stay positive, even when times are hard, and trust in the Lord. And don't just try to keep smiling, just smile :) It really does help! I promise!

I'm praying for you!

Elder Daniel Anderson

IMG_1175

2 comments:

  1. wow either u got a whole lot taller or they make the ceilings really low over there
    love n hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of the train station is super cool!

    ReplyDelete