Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 17: Thank You

So this week was pretty activity filled!

I started out the week going on another exchange to La Rochelle, which went really well! During the exchange I we taught an investigator who was Buddhist, and so I was able to talk a little about living in Thailand, because he had some Thai buddhas. He is also really into Aikido, a Japanese martial art. So we were giving the lesson and he mentioned that he didnt really like to pray, but that he meditated a lot. He said that he felt like that sufficed. So we told him how pray isnt just meditating, but that you are speaking to someone who is your Heavenly Father. He's your Father! And so you can really strengthen that relationship with him. Then he told us how it was kind of weird for him, but then I asked him about how he meditates, which he was excited to tell us about. Then I challenged him to have that same concentration when he prays as when he meditates. That he should really try to focus and concentrate on what he is praying for and what he needs and wants to know. He seemed to really understand that, and I was glad. And he said he would try it, so hopefully he did! It's something that I'm still trying to get better at and I'll probably be working on it for my entire life!

PICTURES OF LA ROCHELLE

IMG_1202

IMG_1201

IMG_1200

IMG_1197

Oh, last Sunday when there was snow everywhere, we stopped at the bus stop to see if the bus would be coming by. It didnt. So I wrote "mormon.org" in the snow on the bench at the bus stop haha I figured, why not?!

This week we helped an older lady who is one of our investigators peel tint off of some of her windows. She is a super sweet lady, and I'll explain more about her in next weeks post, because I dont have a lot of time! But, I loved doing service!

So, whenever I'm getting ready to write my email home/blog post, I think to myself "what can I write that will help the people I know at home? WHat experiences can I share that will strengthen them?" Well, today it went the other way around. Today, the people who contacted me were the ones who strengthened me. So thank you thank you thank you. I still have a scripture to share though. John 14:18 -
"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

Remember that! No matter what is going on in your life and no matter how you feel about anything! No matter how low you might feel, remember that the Savior doesn't have that name for nothing. He is always reaching out, willing and wanting to lift you up and make you even stronger through your trials. I've sure put that to the test in my life, and so I know that it will work. Have the faith and trust in the Lord. Prayer can lead to miracles!

Keep being the best you can be, no matter where you are, what you're doing, or how you've done in the past. You can always start fresh! And the Lord will help you become all that He knows you can!

Elder Daniel Anderson

2 comments:

  1. Katrina! Do you have any idea what camera Elder Anderson is using? I'm looking for one before I report, and I really like the quality of the pictures he's sending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina,
    Thanks for posting this! We will try to read these as a family every week!

    ReplyDelete