Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Week 30: A Little Late!

I don't know how many people actually noticed or not, but my email this week is a day late, and I have a fantastic reason for it haha. Yesterday there was a city wide strike here (nonviolent, don't you worry!) so no stores were open and no buses were running, so we were stuck at our apartment. It wasn't all bad, but that's the reason for the delay haha.

It was a good week though, that's for sure! The excitement started right after I sent my email last week! Short story shorter, my bag was stolen...good thing the only things in it were un Livre de Mormon and La Bible, both in french and easily replacable haha so not a big deal. Maybe it'll lead to a conversion haha I can always hope!

So, then on Tuesday I headed to Mons, Belgium (aka America) for an exchange with my district leader! It wasn't really like America, but we went to eat at an American family's house that is living in Mons, and it was pretty crazy! We walked up to the house with a Ford Ranger and a Ford Econoline Van and I thought "This must be their house", and it sure was! The whole dinner was like spending time with people that I knew while living in Thailand! And they loved that I had lived in Thailand before so it was a really great dinner! I even got to drink 2 percent milk, which doesnt ever happen over here, they drink weird milk here haha so that was a treat! Then it turned out that their daughter is about to go to BYU to play the harp, so she played her harp some and it was crazy good! I was a little embarassed that I have no talents like that haha but I have talents, don't worry!

Here are some pictures from Mons:
IMG_1398
Just a pretty spot out in the country while waiting for the bus
IMG_1400
Out the window of the apartment in Mons
IMG_1404
Yeah, the shower was a little tight, so it's a sit down shower haha
IMG_1408
Just another view from the wondow haha
On Friday we set a baptismal date with our investigator Jean-Pierre! We're really excited about it! I'll tell you more about it in next week's email haha

On Saturday and Sunday we had Président and Soeur Poznanski in Charleroi giving a fireside and speaking in church, so that was awesome! And who showed up at the fireside? Vincent, our mini missionary from a few weeks ago! It was awesome to see us again and we were all super excited! And his parents said that he said some nice things about us and that he loved being a mini missionary, so that was a relief! haha and he said he wants to serve a mission, so that's awesome! Hopefully I'll have a picture of our reunion for next week haha

This week I've already had a Zone Conference, but I'll save that for next week's email haha because it just happened and I'm scared I won't have anything exciting to talk about next week except for that! We shall see haha

Oh and a couple shout outs!

Congratulations to Crystal and Matt on their graduations! Way to go guys! I thought I should give you a shout out!
Merci beaucoup Mom for sending me that package! It was awesome!
I hope everyone is doing great and loving life! Stay focused on being the best you can be everyday! Chaque jour!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment