Monday, June 3, 2013

Week 35: The Sun'll Come Out... Tomorrow

"The sun'll come out...tomorrow." That's what people have been saying here for the last 6 months. Well, the first of June showed up, and so did the sun! Ah yeah! It's gone now, but at least it was here for a little bit!
This week we did some service at our ami's house, we taught some other investigators, and we've been doing well!

The 2 kids that we've been teaching (Matteio and Lucas) are doing great and will be baptized on June 16th! That's in 2 weeks! We're really excited and they've been really into our lessons lately and they remember what we teach! This last week we taught about commandments, and for the 10 commandments we taught some hand signals (that I just barely learned myself haha) and they loved it! And their parents did too haha. We really excited for them!

Our other ami, Jean-Pierre, is going to be baptized a little later than that, but that's okay! He will hopefully come to their baptism and that will help him take the leap of faith! This last week we held a Family Home Evening at his house with his twin 12 year old girls, and it went well! Of course the kids love it when we teach tithing with candy, but I think they had a good time with the whole evening!

This last Sunday at church we had a surprise visit from the senior missionaries from Brussels! They are Elder and Sœur Okelberry from Idaho, and they're super nice! It was great to spend the day at church with them.

As promised, I also have a picture to share that I received this week:
June52013 057c
Zachary Aaron Reinert! My nephew! Already an attention grabber haha
What awesome news! I'll see him in a year and a half, so it's all good haha. That's the only picture I have to put up this week (but if my sister wants to, she can put up more on here of Zach) but I put up a ton of pictures last week haha so hopefully that'll last ya!

Yesterday while heading to our ward mission leader's house, we decided to take a different route. On the way, a man crossed the street to come talk to us, and it turns out he had been taught by missionaries before in another part of the world and wanted to know some information about us here and if he could meet with us after he finds a place to stay. Of course we said yes! So we shall see what happens :)

That's all I've got for this week! Next week I'll have even more updates! I hope everyone is doing awesome!
Don't ever give up on your dreams!


Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment