Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 36: Big Week!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! I just wanted to make sure I got that in there so he knows that I didnt forget about him! My Dad is such an awesome guy, and he always gives me awesome advice! Seriously though, I'm lucky to have the Dad I've got!

This week was a busy one! And I've got another busy one coming up! Next Sunday, June 16th, 2013, Mathéo and Luca Tedesco are getting baptized! They are the two kids that we've been teaching for a couple months, and they're doing awesome! It's amazing to see how much they've grown and how much they really understand about the Gospel. I don't feel like when I was their age I knew as much as they do! One of them asked me if I could give a talk at their baptism, so I'll be preparing that this week! That, and getting the rest of the baptism organized haha.

Lately we've also been visiting a less active member, and he has started coming back to church! Yesterday he leaned over to me during sacrament meeting and said "I'm starting to really like coling to church more." So I was excited about that!

We also visited another less active member yesterday, and turned out that his mother, who is 84, just had an operation, and the member that had come with us offered to give her a blessing if she wanted, and she immediately said yes. She isn't a member, but she really appreciated the blessing and she is a super believing lady. This less active member also lives in a house that was first built in the 14th century and was the farmhouse for the castle. Yes, there is a castle behind his house. But it's been turned into an apartment building on the inside haha. He had a lot of stories about how people had been hidden in the basement during wars and escape tunnels and ghosts, so that was interesting! haha

This week I wanted to share a scripture that has to do with Father's Day. One Father that we all have in common is our Father in Heaven, and so I wanted to share Romans 8:16 "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God." We really all are children of God! Sometimes we forget it, or don't think about it, but we are His children and so we should all remember what amazing potential we have! Every single one of us has the opportunity to be great in the sight of God!

Here are some pictures from my week haha
IMG_1625
Right in downtown by where I'm sending this email haha
IMG_1636
A house for sale down the street from my place! Any takers? (I was on the outside of the building, not inside. Don't worry Mom! haha)
IMG_1639
Walking over to Jean-Pierre's house
IMG_1642
Just an old Catholic school
I hope everyone has an awesome week! Keep working hard and never stop improving!


Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment