Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 37: Baptême!

IMG_1650
Elder Haskell, Mathéo, Luca, and me.
Why are the kids dressed in white? Well, because they got baptized June 16th! We've been teaching them for a few months and they made the decision to be baptized! It was an awesome day! It's the first baptism that I've seen on my mission, and it was two on the same day, and it was fantastic!
IMG_1644
Mathéo, Luca, and their Dad, Angelo
Angelo got to perform his first baptism ever! He was pretty nervous, but he was ready for it and it went great! Luca had asked if I could give a talk at the baptism, so I did haha it went pretty well! It had been a long time since I had gone to a baptism, and so it was amazing to feel the Spirit that was there. I had heard stories and imagined what it was like, but it really was incredible to experience. After the baptism, we got to talk to a lot of non-member family members and then before Mathéo and Luca left, their dad, Angelo, came up to me and said "You guys are still going to keep coming over to teach us and see us right?" Of course!

There are still the after baptism lessons and because we love their family! It really meant a lot to me.
Also this week we had Zone Conference in Brussels, and that was great! We'll be having Elder Oaks visiting in September, and to prepare for it, our missions goals is between now and then, to have 100 baptisms in the mission! Well, our companionship just contributed 2! I'm really excited for the goal! And I know we can do it!

Also this week, we had a man come up to us and ASK to meet with us one day! That doesnt happen too often, so hopefully that will work out! He was a really nice guy too!

A scripture that I used in my talk at the baptism was 2 Nephi 31:17, and it's an awesome scripture! I know that baptism is the gateway to blessings, help, comfort, remission of sins, and to the "bon chemin".
IMG_1652

IMG_1657
Just a couple sunset pictures from our apartment window on the night of our first baptism!
Have a fanatstic week everyone! I'm praying for all of you!


Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment