Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 47: Awesomeness

This week was an awesome week! Why? Well, I've got some explaining to do!

To start off, I mentioned last week a man that came to a ward BBQ and he also came to church last week. We had an awesome lesson with him and he prayed for the first time in his life, and right afterwards he said that he felt very relieved and good. Well, if that wasn't awesome enough, he just keeps getting better! He had come to church and asked if he could have a copy of Gospel Principles (because we used it in class), so we gave him one. Well, he has read a ton of it and loves it! And he loves coming to church! He told us that he agrees with the Word of Wisdom, and without us even teaching it to him, he had already stopped drinking tea! He had read up in Gospel Principles, he's been praying, and he just loves the church! So in our last rendezvous with him, we asked if he would be baptized and he said yes! Then he said it again at church yesterday, so things have been going preeetty good over here! Maybe this is why I've been kept in Charleroi for so long! Interesting point: Dogan lives in a house that we have knocked before. I had knocked it with Elder Burgess when I first got here. Well, apparently Dogan just barely moved there a couple months ago, so that's why we didnt find him sooner! But now we've found him and thigns are going great!

This last week we also went over to a member's house to eat and it was delicious! The Dad works for the bus system here, so he gave me the bus driver uniform clip on tie! It's a cool one for the collection haha. Oh, and then a girl gave me a little heart cut out that she made...she was 5 years old haha.

We gave a lot of blessings this week, and people were very appreciative. It's amazing to see the power of the priesthood and also the respect that people have for it.

Jean Pierre is back! We finally got to see him again! It's been a little over a month now, but he's doing pretty good! He's found some friends, so he's doing a little better and he said that he's going to get his car in working order soon so that he can come to church! We're really hoping for the best for him!

We got a couple member referrals this week that were incredible! They were given to us from two families that we have been helping to strengthen lately, and now they are sharing the Gospel with their friends! THAT is what missionary work is all about! Our prayers have definitely been being answered!

I was sick on Saturday, which was a bummer. Then yesterday I had a migraine. Then today I woke up with a sore back haha but I'm okay now. I'm falling apart! Okay, not really haha I'm doing good now, don't worry! But even with those set backs, we were still able to get a lot done! Nothin's gonna tear me down!

A little scripture for the week, I read 3 Nephi 19:23 this morning and it was awesome! Christ prayed for everyone who would believe in the words of the apostles, so that means he prayed for us! That's some good motivation if I've ever had any!

Here are some pictures that I've taken recently!

IMG_2084
Check it out! I'm back in Texas!
IMG_2086
 And now I'm in England...
IMG_2087
And now I'm in a hurricane haha
IMG_2089
Okay back in Europe at a members house haha
I hope you're all doing great! Keep working hard!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment