Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 48: Life and Miracles

So, this was an interesting week. Now that I've checked my email, I know that a lot has been going on back home! It's a little weird because life just goes on without me haha. It's an interesting thing to think about...but I guess life is going on over here too while I work! Also, a lot of my old friends in the mission are heading home this transfer because they've finished their missions! It's exciting for them! I'm pumped for them and it's cool to think that I'll hear about how their lives are going while I'm still on my mission haha. They are friends for life!

Things have been going pretty well here!  This week started with a Zone Conference with Président and Soeur Poznanski in Brussels, and that was awesome! Interviews with them are always incredible! We also talked about a personal activity in Preach My Gospel on pg.152. It asks you to think about the end of your mission and think about what you want to have accomplished. Here are the questions:
1) What do you want to say you have done as a missionary?
2) What do you want to have become?
3) What differences would you want others to notice in you?

The best part about this activity is that we can apply it to any goal and any amount of time! I'm challenging you all to do the same thing with some goals that you have! Answer those questions and work to achieve those goals!

Also at zone conference we learned that there are 257 missionaries in our mission, and we're going to have more soon. We also have 15 senior couples. That's a lot of people! We have also been planning to have Elder Oaks come and have a conference with our mission, but he actually can't come. Well, he's still coming, but he'll be too busy opening a 3rd stake in Paris and converting another district to a stake! We were preparing for his arrival by having the goal to get 100 baptisms before his arrival (starting in June) and guess what! We got it! 2 weeks before his arrival! Miracles happen! We accomplished double the average! It's a little bit of a bummer that we won't have a conference with Elder Oaks, but it's still amazing to see what we can accomplish when we put our trust in the Lord!

Last Week I mentioned that a member introduced us to a friend of his that had some questions about the life after this one. So we talked to him last week, invited him to church, and invited him to pray everyday. He said he wasn't sure if he'd come to church, but he would pray. Well, he showed up at church on Sunday! He said that during the week he prayed everyday, and he could see the change in his life! He was more calm and even when things happened that would normally bother him, he remained calm. So, he decided to check out the church because there must be something to it! And he said he would bring his son with him next week! It's incredible! Members do the best work!

Well, I've gotta head out, but I'll leave you with some pictures from this week.

IMG_2093
A Bulgarian member that chased us down on the street!
IMG_2100
Awesome doorbell!
IMG_2098
This is my companion, ward mission leader, and the return missionary who was visiting this week with his new fiancée!
Oh, and I can't forget, I've gotta give a shout out to Grandma Anderson! Happy Birthday Grandma! I hope it was awesome!

Keep it real! And have a fanatstic week!


Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment