Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week Numero Uno

Note From The Editor:  I totally lied to you yesterday!  His P-Day is Tuesday but it looks like he was busy...like missionaries tend to be.

For the second time...I got a DearElder this week that pointed that out haha it made me laugh really hard! Anyways, the first week was awesome! Just so everyone knows, my P-day is on Tuesday's. Why am I writing an email on Wednesday you might ask?

Well, it's because they decided to send me on vacation on my P-day to Saaan Fraaaancisco! Price is Right style. I'll get to that in a bit though, I'll give a quick update on the rest of my week first.

So the first day was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be...I was expecting to handle it like a champ! Instead, I handled it like a baby. Okay not really, but it was a whole new experience, which was amazing. I love the MTC, it's seriously such an awesome place. Anyways, my companion is Elder Stobbs, he's from England! He's a really cool guy and we get along great! Not to mention we teach like champs! At least we try to haha he's picking up the language super fast! I'm doing my best haha I guess I know enough.
My teachers have said a couple times "How many years of French did you take?" It's a nice pick-me-up!

My district loves to play volleyball together, so we have fun with that every gym time. Once again, I just do my best haha. General Conference was amazing...can I get an "Aah yeah!"?! Wow, what an experience to hear an announcement about missionary service ages changing to 18 for men and 19 for women! Especially while being in the MTC! Hearing 2,500 missionaries cheer is pretty cool! Not to mention the Spirit is felt so strongly here, it's so amazing. General Conference was great, I loved Elder Christopherson's talk, President Eyring's in Priesthood, and President Monson's in the Prieshood session...I think. "Be a man!", the carving talk, and "seeing people as they can become, not as they are."

 So, San Francisco. I was told on Monday that the next day we would be going to San Francisco, and to be ready by 5 am the next morning. No problemo! It was a little rough getting up at 4:20, but it was worth it! I travelled with 4 other elders and getting to the French Consulate was a cinch. Funny tidbit: the driver was the same one as last time haha. Anyways, so we go in to get our visas, and we're sitting and waiting. I'm writing a letter while I wait, and I get a feeling like I should put it away for now because I can write more later. Right as I put it away, a woman behind me taps me on the shoulder and says "I have a question I think you can help me with." Saaaay whaaaaat. MIssionary dream!  So, turns out she is from Jamaica, and is in her 30's, and she had a cousin that was having a rough time. So I talked to her for a while, telling her that God loves all of His children and other gospel principles. Then I had to go up to get my visa, so other missionaries took over, but she kept looking up at me while I was at the visa counter as they talked. So when I was done, I went back over to her to talk some more, and then before we left, I gave her a Book of Mormon. With a pass-along card in it. For the first time in my life. What an experience! She said "This is for me? Really?" and I said "Yeah, we'd like to give this to you. I know that as you and your cousin read and pray, that God will answer the questions that you have." And that was that. Then we had to leave. But she was super nice and grateful for it! So, in the MTC for less than a week, one Book of Mormon given out. A few more people came up to me to talk yesterday, it was really cool!

Then we went to eat lunch at Pier 39, had some clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl, and then hit up the Golden Gate Bridge, took pictures, and talked to some more people! Amazing.

November12012 345

November12012 351

November12012 359

November12012 360

November12012 363


Then we came back to the MTC. Kind of sad, but kind of nice. I mean, otherwise I wouldn't have a way to write this! But, I'm gonna have to cut it off because I'm running out of time...sorry! You'll be hearing from me in a week! Just a thought, sometimes life gets tough, and things don't go our way, and it seems like there's no hope! Like when you first get to the MTC, there's a lot of adjusting. BUT, D&C 121: 7-9. "Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment", "if thou endure it well...thou shalt triumph over all thy foes", "Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." I have a lot of people in my life to thank for those same things. So, thank you. A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment