Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Week Foe


So, week four. Or "foe". Not like it's an enemy or anything, it must just be the French accent kicking in haha not really, but my French accent is getting even better than it was, if I do say so myself! So, you can all look forward to that! ;) haha

Elder Larry Echo Hawk gave a devotional here last Tuesday! It was so great! He also said that a couple weeks ago he was in Houston! I don't know if any of you knew that, but he was there for a mission conference that involved 3 missions...so pretty big! Anyways, he spoke about trusting in the Book of Mormon. A very interesting topic! Very enlightening too, it made me create some new goals! I'm sure some of you will find out more specifically what they are, but they are about really diving into the book. Elder Echo Hawk told a story of how he used to sleep through priests quorum meetings when he was younger, then someone took him under their wing and helped him become who he is today. First though, he became super good football player (Markus, we should look into this. Haha we could rock some peeps! He was only 165 lbs and played 4 years starting at BYU! haha). He talked a lot about football, so that was exciting to explain to my English companion haha he started to understand it a little. He expressed that the Book of Mormon can change lives. We all know that though, right?? But do we utilize the Book of Mormon for that purpose? "Yeah I read a little in it everyday". He said that was enough! We need to really study it, like we would study at school! It's like I've been taking a "Book of Mormon intro" class my whole life, and for how long I've been taking the class, I don't think I know it as well as I should! So, as a missionary who has to commit people, will YOU commit to reading the Book of Mormon more? And pray about it's truth? Allez-vous lire le Livre de Mormon? Et allez-vous prier savoir la vérité de toutes choses dans le livre? (My French ain't perfect, so don't judge haha)

I was very surprised at how many family members tried to find that poem from last week in French for me! Maybe Elder Holland was wrong...or maybe you didnt search hard enough! I'm just teasing haha it's fine! Maybe after I master the English version, I can tackle the French version haha

Predicament: Here I am, in the MTC (and in San Francisco a couple weeks ago), with my little Canon Powershot ELPH 100HS (just thought I would clarify that hahaha) and guess what. They don't print pictures here at the MTC. Anymore. They used to. I know they did. But now they don't. I will come up with a solution, don't you worry!

I got an awesome package early last week! It was last Thursday! And it had been sent on Monday I think, so that was pretty fast! It had a bunch of pictures and a bunch of reminders from home in it, I loved it! Now I have a picture of Tye Smith, who woulda thunk that I would have a picture on my desk of him! It threw my companion for a loop haha he was a little confused, especially with the pose that Tye is doing haha that picture is hilarious, but it wasnt my favorite one :) Then I got another package from mah Moms! Those ginger snaps were sooo good. My district ate em up like they were...delicious? haha sorry, my english vocab is struggling haha they were so good!

Just a side note, no one, I mean NO ONE, ever think that you are bothering me by writing to me. It doesnt distract me! I'm given an hour at the end of everyday to read them and relax :) So, it's not a problem, they knew I would need that time. And I use it and love it! This poor boy needs them letters!

I hope everyone is rockin the world! Being awesome examples and doing the Lord's will! That's where happiness comes from!

You're all the best! I'm thinking about you!

Elder Daniel Anderson

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this. I love your sense of Humor Daniel. Use a little of that when trying to convert people. Take your job seriously but don't always be too serious. enjoy France, you lucky boy!

    Sister Linda Huff

    ReplyDelete