Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 20: Mongo Week

This week was a big one! It was full of all kinds of events and holidays! So I'll start from the top haha
Tuesday was Mardi Gras! They had some pretty big tile celebrating over here! They had some Canaval action and that night the whole city was party central haha there was a big concert in the town square and people having a jolly good time everwhere. So we tried to stay out of it as much as possible haha

Wednesday was a special day. It was a day set aside as a day for "Spiritual Finding" for the missionaries in both of the France missions (Paris and Lyon). So we made no teaching appointments that day, and just spent our time finding. And we stopped every 30 minutes during the day to pray for guidance and help in finding Heavenly Father's children who were ready to hear the Gospel! It was an awesome experience! We met a lot of people, set a lot of RDV's, and even saw some people that we had lost contact with, so now we're back in contact with them! I also made it a goal to only speak French that day, no matter what! I failed...but only slightly! I spoke English because someone we contacted was speaking English haha so it doesnt count! THat day really showed me even more, and strengthened my testimony, that if we put our faith and trust in the Lord, we will be blessed and we will be able to see the blessings in our lives if we look for them!

Thursday was Valentine's Day, as everyone knows haha and life as a missionary doesnt change much on Valentines Day. Yeah, maybe it was a little sad, but I had plenty of chocolate to keep my spirits up haha. Oh, and dont you worry, no one here asked me to be their Valentine, so no problems there! That night we had a very good lesson with the Assana family (a family from Chad that we've been teaching) so that was a good end to the day!

Friday night we visited a less active member out of the blue, and we ended up teaching two of her friends who were visiting, and they wanted to learn more, so we got them in contact with the missionaries where they live! It was awesome!

Saturday was the day the Transfer email gets sent out! And so it was a big day! But turns out the email system was messed up so no one could check the email haha so everyone was freaking out! We ended up getting called on the phone, and so I'm gonna be staying in Poitiers! I'm really excited about it! I really like our amis and I finally really understand Poitiers haha so leaving would have been hard. My companion is leaving though, so I'll be getting a new comapnion, so that will be exciting! This last week I noticed that everyone sure listened to me when I said be careful sending stuff to me in Poitiers around this time, but now you can send everything you've got to the same address as it's always been! I actually got a super awesome letter today, so that made me super happy :)

Sunday, my comapnion said all of his goodbyes, and then everyone started talking to me about all the things that needed help with, the people they wanted me to visit and everything. Now there is a lot more responsibility on me! Things are going to be tougher, but like Ether 2:24 says, things are gonna be rough, but "I will bring you up again out of the depths".  When things are tough, sometimes we get boosts, like an awesome letter in the mail with a surprise in it, getting to play the guitar a little bit, or an ami's 10 year old kid answering the door and talking to us for 5 minutes, all while fully decked out in a clown costume haha
I hope you're all doing awesome!

Elder Daniel Anderson

IMG_1214
Me decked out and ready for the cold!
IMG_1217
These are the Devil's Stairs.  That is their name.  We dominated them.
IMG_1218
It was a beautiful day!
IMG_1220
Me looking like a goob G with my home teaching companion, Frere Mayassi!

No comments:

Post a Comment