Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 21: New Transfer, Same City

Well here I am! Still in Poitiers haha I think the people here are getting tired of me...just kidding, who could get tired of me?! Haha actually, as I'm sitting here in this cyber café, 2 different guys have come to sit next to me, neither of them members of the church, but both know me haha. We see them around town all the time and so we're all buddies. We've asked them multiple times to meet with us or to just come to church, but we're still working on it. People definitely recognize my face here, because we're out on the streets all the time! I dont live on the street, but I sure spend all my time there!

So, my first companion is gone. He has gone to Belfort, France, which is quite a ways away haha. Before he left we got a chance to go and visit a lot of our investigators and some members, so that was really good. The people we visited told us how much they appreciated us and how much they liked us. I didnt realize how much good we have been doing! It really meant a lot to me. I'll try to keep acting in a way that people will appreciate me! haha

Oh, before he left, we spent some time looking around Poitiers on his last P day here, so here are some pictures!

IMG_1229

IMG_1234

IMG_1249
CATHEDRAL PICTURES DONT NEED captions haha
IMG_1262
Me and Elder Argyle in front of Hotel de Ville
I have a new companion now, and he's a lot different than my first companion. Everyone is different though haha I've definitely learned that over the years! So, there are going to be some changes and adjustments, but things will work out great!
This week started out like springtime! It was awesome! Then this weekend it got very cold. Lakes froze over. And it snowed. COME ON! I want some warmer weather! I guess I'll get that eventually...I should be careful what I wish for I guess haha
Well, this week I'm turning the big 2-2! Crazy right? haha it's pretty exciting I guess haha just another year of my life that I can use to better myself and help the people around me!
So this week, a scripture that really stuck out to me was Alma 26:27. It says "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said:...bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." Isn't that an awesome promise?! I've been applying that promise in my life for sure, and keeping my head up no matter what! All of you can do the same thing too, no matter how hard the difficulties. The Lord is always there and knows what we're going through. Rely on Him, and He will strenghten you!
I hope everyone has an awesome week! Make it the best week so far this year!
à la prochaine!

Elder Daniel Anderson

1 comment:

  1. i love ur updates, stay safe and our prayers r with u as always. love and hugs from all of us
    aunt tammy

    ReplyDelete