Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 22: I'm Old

Well, it's done. I'm now 22. How crazy is that?! It seemed like not such a big deal at first, but then my brother mentioned that he's gonna be 20 this year, and that threw me for a loop! Sheesh I'm getting old! haha I feel like I'm using my time pretty wisely though, so that's a good thing. I got a few cards in the mail, I got an amazing letter, I got awesome emails, and I got a birthday box from my family! I had decided to open the box the night of my birthday, and earlier in the day I mentioned to my companion that for as long as I could remember, I always had Dirt 'n Worms on my birthday as my birthday cake haha. He didnt seemed that interested in it though haha. Then when I opened up my birthday package from my family, it had the makings for Dirt 'n Worms in it! YES. It had some presents too :) I'm kinda spoiled! But I'm definitely not complaining!

We met some interesting people this week actually. On Thursday, we were walking around contacting and knocking on doors in a new area of town, and we went up to some people to contact them (because they were the only people on the road for quite a ways) and they were wearing backpacking backpacks (haha that sounds funny). Turns out they were a retired couple from Alaska, and they were on their way to the burial site of Saint James I think is what they said. Turns out, that is in Spain. They had started in Paris at the beginning of February, and they're walking all the way to Spain! They referred to themselves as pilgrims haha that was cool! They actually invited us to join them if we wanted! My companion replied "um...I have to stay here." and I said to them "You know, I just don't have the legs for it!" and they thought that was pretty funny haha.

On Saturday night, we met some really special people. We had been out and about all day, trying to find people to teach. There wasn't a lot of acceptance that day haha but it was alright! On our way home at the end of the day, the bus ride seemed to take a while, and we were ready to go back to the apartment. As we were walking back to the apartment at 8:50pm, I contacted a couple in their late 20's. And what did they say? "Yeah, that interests me a lot actually. We've been searching for the this." Turns out, the wife had bought a copy of the Book of Mormon at a thrift store, had tried reading it and thought it was kind of hard to understand. Her husband had been starting to read the Bible, and they were really searching for answers to the questions of life that they had. They gave us their address, phone numbers, and they said they would come to church sometime, but they live far away. They were only here in Poitiers for the night to eat dinner at a restaurant. And meet us I think! They live in a city called Richelieu and also in Paris half the time, and they said that if we wanted that they would let us stay at their house in RIchelieu or in Paris and teach them so that it would be worth the trip. They were so nice! Obviously, we can't do that, but it showed that they were really interested! Turns out they live outside of our area boundaries here in Poitiers, but the missionaries closer to where they live are going to teach them! It was a big answer to prayers, and it also taught me that I can't ever give up. Even if it's been a long day and I'm ready to just go to bed, there is always someone that can use the Gospel! And I'm here to share that!

It was a pretty eventful week, and I really enjoyed it! Tomorrow I'm actually going to Belgium (say whaat?!) for the day to do legality visa stuff haha. I'll try to take pictures, don't worry haha.

This week the scripture that I want to share is Romans 8:31 which says "If God be for us, who can be against us?", or in other words "If God be for us, who can prevail against us?" How cool is that?! And how true! Even if making the right choices sometimes seems to make life harder, we have to always trust that it's for the best, because God knows best! So if we are doing what God wants, then what can beat us? Satan? No. Temptation? No. Sadness? No. Other people? No. We always have God backing us up if we do what's right!

I hope you all have an awesome week! You'll hear from me again soon!

Elder Daniel Anderson
IMG_1265
This is a family in our ward! It's the Branch Mission Leader and his wife, they love us!
IMG_1270
This is a bus stop that we use all the time haha I promise it's safe!
IMG_1271
This is the Assane Family that we have been teaching, they love the Book of Mormon!

No comments:

Post a Comment