Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 26: Goodbye Poitiers

Well, it sure was a busy week! I was bouncing all over the place! And I've got some news to share too, so I hope you're excited! haha

So, last Tuesday we had a lot of appointments with investigators, and that was awesome! It made it a little stressful to get to the train station in time though! Turns out, they wanted to make sure everything for the Belgium trip this time went smoothly, so they had the people who lived far away just go to Paris for the night, so no biggie, I spent the night in Paris haha. It was in a missionary apartment though, so it wasn't anything fancy haha. I was with another missionary from La Rochelle, Elder Schultz, and we had to navigate Paris on our own to find the apartment, but we did it just fine! I know a little french!

Wednesday morning we headed off to Belgium! We met the other missionaries at the train station and then were on our way! (Hopefully with no mishaps!)

IMG_1308
Elder Mataele and I enjoyed the refreshments haha
IMG_1309
 Just can't relax for a picture haha this is what the train looked like.
IMG_1310
Other missionaries that were sitting with us, they're all cool!
I got to spend some quality time with my buddies from the MTC, so that was awesome! When we got to Belgium, things went pretty smoothly! Except for we got on a tram and a few stops later the senior couple that was leading us said "Everyone get off! We are LOST" haha but it was an easy fix. Then we went and got lunch in Brussels!
IMG_1311
This is a mitraillette, and it's amazing. Meat, frites, sawce (it isnt spelled like that, but I pronounce it like that haha), and bread.
IMG_1312
Delicious. And nutritious! haha
IMG_1313
Belgian Waffles! Or, "gaufres" haha
After eating we went to do our legality and stuff, and that was a pretty fast process haha so then we sat around and got to talk to some missionary friends who serve in Belgium, so that was nice! Then we headed back to the train station on the tram (I've never been so squished in public transportation before haha) and then headed back to France. It was an awesome day!

IMG_1315

IMG_1319

Friday we watched The Testaments with one of our amis, and I forgot how great of a movie it is! You should all watch it again this week!

Saturday. Dun dun dun DUN! Transfer email! Well...here it goes! BELGIUM. Yeah, you read it right! I'm going to Charleroi, Belgium! They just can't keep me away from that country! haha I'm super excited about it! It's going to be such an awesome experience, and I've heard lots of great things about it! And don't worry, I'll try not to make it a habit of eating the sandwich pictured above too often haha.

On Sunday, they announced at church that I'm leaving and it was a pretty sad meeting. I bore my testimony and then some other people did too.  It made me feel pretty special though, like all the work I've done has actually been appreciated. Not that I felt like I needed someone to say it, but I was surprised at how much it affected people. I'm going to miss it here in Poitiers a lot, and I hope to come back some day!

IMG_1330
This is me and 2 of the branch president's kids, Christian and Ismael
IMG_1335
President Traoré and his wife, awesome people!
I'm ready for an exciting new adventure!

My Dad gave me some scriptures to read last week, and I want to share one that I liked a lot. It is Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 4
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
"A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance."

Don't you love that?! I feel like crying and dancing at the same time, so how do you explain that?! haha I'm teasing, I really like this scripture a lot, and I think it gives a lot of comfort.
I hope you're all doing awesome! Until next week! From Belgium!

Elder Daniel Anderson


NEW ADDRESS:
Les Missionnaires
Elder Daniel Anderson
rue de la Marine, 1A n°22
6040 JUMET
Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment