Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 27: Hello Charleroi

Well this week sure was a big one! I feel like I say that a lot, but I guess that's what being a missionary does to someone's life! I love it though, so no problemos there!

I started the week by getting my Easter package! Thank you Mom! It gave me a little more to carry during the transfer, but it was worth it!

Last Monday was my last P-day, so I made sure to walk around Poitiers and take in the sites a little bit haha. Here are some pictures!

PICTURE OF STATUE OF LIBERTY Caption: Yes, that's the Statue of Liberty. And yes, that is toilet paper.
PIC OF WOOD HOUSES Caption: Cool houses in centreville
PIC OF CATHEDRAL Caption: Cool cathedral that we didnt see very often.
PIC of TREE AND RIVER: It was a gorgeous day!
PIC of Big Building Caption: Hôtel de Ville
TURNS OUT I FORGOT TO BRING THE SCENERY PICTURES. I'LL SEND them next week.

I went walking around Poitiers on P-day as kind of my final goodbye, even though I had another day. That's because Tuesday we had a bajillion RDV's!

On Tuesday we saw a lot of our amis and taught a lot of lessons, and it was sad to say goodbye to everyone. I know that they'll all do great though! Here are some pics:

IMG_1361
The Girard's!
IMG_1364
This is the Prince-Davy you've been hearing about!
IMG_1366
This is the building that the church is in.
IMG_1367
This is dawn in Poitiers.
It was sad to leave Poitiers, but I was super excited for what was coming up! I got to meet up with a bunch of other missionaries in Paris before going to Belgium, and I got to see my MTC companion! Elder Stobbs!

IMG_1369

We hadnt seen each other for 4 months, so it was super cool to get to talk for a while! I'm actually replacing him here in Charleroi! And a lot of my district from the MTC is here in Belgium with me, so that's awesome too! After talking for a little bit, I had to hope on the train and get over here to Belgium!

IMG_1371
An awesome diner on the train!
I got to Charleroi just fine, and the Ward Mission Leader here picked my companion and I up and drove us to visit someone. Getting right to work! It was great! Except that when we came out of the person's house that we visited, it was starting to snow haha. The Ward Mission Leader and my new companion, Elder Burgess, are awesome too, so I'm excited! Oh, and the apartment is super nice haha that's a plus! And the city is actually pretty cool, it's got a lot of character!
So, I hope everyone watched General Conference! I havent seen all of it yet, but I've seen most of it, and it was great! Some of my favorite parts that I got to see were:
Elder Craig A. Cardon's talk
Elder Richard G. Scott "Your great potential can be limited or destroyed by following Satan."
Elder L. Tom Perry "Obedience to law is liberty."
President Thomas S. Monson's story about the grass fire haha

There were so many great things to hear and learn! I hope everyone loved it as much as I did!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment