Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 29: Another Week in Charleroi

So this week was just another week of being a missionary in Charleroi! Not that it wasnt full of exciting stuff or anything like that, but I don't feel like I have too many awesome stories to tell...maybe I'm wrong and my life is just so crazy exciting that I can't tell when awesome things happen haha I'll give you a run down of my week anyways though haha.

Last Tuesday night we were invited to a member family's house to talk with their evangelical family members about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, because they had a few questions about us. The conversation went well and the family was pretty happy with how it went, so we earned our keep as missionaries haha just kidding!

Friday was my companion's birthday! So some members had invited us over and fed us some delicious food! Not too shabby of a life haha. Then the Ward Mission Leader here had a cake and a present for Elder Burgess, so that was a lot of fun too!
IMG_1389
Elder Burgess and his cake for his 21st!
And it just so happened that that night was also a ward activity, so we went to that for a little bit because we had invited some non-members. It went well! It was Karaoke night haha and no, I didnt sing. I don't have that kind of confidence! Yet. Haha The activity went well and the people we invited enjoyed it! But they were a little perplexed when we left so we could be home by 9, but they understood after we explained. The party just kept going after we left though, so I guess I wasn't really the life of the party or anything.
Sunday was good too! I was asked to give a surprise talk, so that was cool haha it went fine, that's just part of being a missionary! They were really thankful that I could help them out. It was only 5 minutes, and because my french is far from perfect, they cut me some slack and I'm not as nervous giving talks haha if that makes sense. I shared some thoughts about 1 Nephi 3:7, a classic! I talked about how sometimes when we read that scripture, we think that it applies to something big that the Lord might ask us to do. Like, if he calls us to be a Bishop that He will help us to fulfill the calling. It applies to that, but it also applies to everyday life! He gives us commandments and He really does provide a way for us to follow the commandments everyday if we have the faith and the courage to do His will! We can all do it!

The rest of the week was life as a missionary! Here are some funny pictures that I took randomly:
IMG_1391
On our way back after Karaoke
IMG_1395
Look at that! Even in another language (not English or French) you can understand what it is! Fruit Drank!
IMG_1396
I don't know what this street sign is for, but it's a little weird...
I hope you liked my average week haha I'll be sure to have some exciting stuff next week! Keep doing your best, and remember that the Lord always prepares a way!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment