Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 28: Mini-Mission

I'm gonna start off this week's update with some pictures that I meant to put up last week haha so here ya go!
IMG_1341
Day trip to New York! Not really. Otherwise that would be some humongous toilet paper.
IMG_1346
These wood frame houses are pretty cool, classic France!
IMG_1350
First cathedral I saw in Poitiers.
IMG_1351
Just a gorgeous day in Poitiers!
IMG_1354
Hotêl de Ville on my last day
So, now I've been in Charleroi for a little bit of time! But sadly, I don't have too many stories to tell. Except that we had a mini-missionary come stay with us for a few days this week!

IMG_1383
Me, Vincent Thomas, and Elder Burgess
Vincent Thomas was his name and he is from Nivelle, Belgium. He is 17 and he wants to serve a mission in a little bit, so he came to check out what it's like! It was a little bit of a challenge for me, because I had to speak even more french than usual, but it was great and an awesome few days! We did some finding, some teaching, went to meetings, and just had a blast doing missionary work! I think he really enjoyed it and we all got along great! He put up with my iffy french, so that was good haha and he understood my jokes, so that was even better!

After he left us though, I got sick. My companion had been sick, then a day or two after he got better, I caught the same thing, so we weren't able to get a lot done this week. It was a bummer! But I'm better now, don't you sweat it! But while being quarantined in the apartment, I took a couple pictures of the view from our living room window.
IMG_1372
This is Charleroi!
IMG_1379
And it looks pretty at night too! haha
I was better by Sunday, and I couldn't miss church either way! They have their own church building here, a full blown chapel! It's really nice too! They have quite a few members here, so it's a lot different than Poitiers. But, the people here are super nice, so that's the same as Poitiers! I met a lot of people! And then got asked if I could lead the music in sacrament meeting because I had done it in an earlier class and they figured I was a pro haha has anyone else noticed that I seem to be doing a lot of musical stuff on my mission? That wasn't really my thing before haha except for playing the guitar a little bit, but I don't really do that anymore haha. But yeah, church was great, and then we went and visited a lot of less active members and it was awesome! Everyone is super nice here and I love it!

That's all I have for this week, I know it's pretty lame! I promise I'll have better stories to tell next week! I have a few from this week, but they're pretty weird haha. Next week I'll have some really good ones!
Keep smiling and keep being awesome! I'm praying for all of you! Yes, even YOU.
à la prochaine!

Elder Daniel Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment